Dr. Peter Calder Green was born on the 19th of March, 1941 in Windsor, Ontario. Dr. Green was the eldest of 4 children born to Dr. Andrew Green and the former Mildred Elizabeth Gosnell. His siblings were; Ken, Kathleen and David. Dr. and Mrs. Andrew Green moved to Blenheim, after World War II when Dr. Peter Green was a little boy. His father was a respected medical physician in Blenheim.
Dr. Green was educated in Blenheim before attending the University of Western Ontario in London. Dr. Green graduated in 1966. He interned at Detroit General Hospital and completed a one year residency at Victoria Hospital in London.
Dr. Green returned to Blenheim and joined his father’s medical practice. The office was initially located on Talbot Street, but in 1975 they moved their office to Ellen Street.
Dr. Green married Shirley Marilyn “Lyn” Hope Irwin on the 1st of July, 1964 in Blenheim. Mrs. Green is the daughter of Shirley B. Irwin and the former Neva Candace Lanz. Her father was a mechanic.
Dr. and Mrs. Green had two children, Jason and Sarah.
In 1972, the Green family resided at 89 McGregor Street.
After practicing medicine in Blenheim for 25 years, Dr. Green moved to Fort Worth, Texas.
In his spare time, Dr. Green enjoyed photography, travelling, reading and the arts.
Dr. Green died at his residence in Fort Worth on the 12th of May, 2013.
*His father Dr. Andrew Calder Green also appears on the Chatham-Kent Physician Tribute website. Dr. Andrew Green served during WWII.