Dr. Frank Mathias Williamson was born near Priceville, Ontario on the 24th of November, 1902. He was the youngest of 3 sons born to John Williamson and the former Ida Eugenia Blakeston. His parents were farmers and his brothers were; Walter Blakeston Williamson and Ralph Robert Williamson.
Dr. Williamson was educated in local schools in Grey County (near Owen Sound), Ontario. He graduated M.B. from The University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine in 1925.
Dr. Williamson married a graduate nurse, Dorothy Kathleen Mitchell on the 3rd of July, 1926 in Hamilton, Ontario. She was born in New York City on the 17th of September, 1903. Mrs. Williamson was the eldest of 2 daughters born to James Mitchell and the former Ada Susan Sullivan. By 1911, the Mitchell family lived in Hamilton and her father was listed as a “shipper” for a grain store on the census. Her mother was a nurse and her younger sister was named Helen Gladys Mitchell.
Dr. and Mrs. Williamson had 5 children; Douglas, Jim, Jack, Margaret and Peter (who died as an infant).
Following his graduation from medical school he set up his medical practice not far from where he grew up near the communities of Hepworth and Wiarton. Dr. Williamson was appointed as a coroner for the area and served as the Medical Officer of Health for the Department of First Nations in Keppel Township and Shoreton Lake Village. Dr. Williamson served on the local school board for 10 years and he was the Chairman for 7 years.
By 1967, Dr. and Mrs. Williamson were living in Chatham-Kent. Dr. Williamson was the staff physician at the Ontario Hospital in Cedar Springs.
In his spare time, Dr. Williamson enjoyed photography.
Dr. Williamson died in Orangeville, on the 2nd of February, 1976. Mrs. Williamson died in Orangeville on the 2nd of August, 1997. Dr. and Mrs. Williamson are buried at the Priceville/McNeil Cemetery in Artemesia Township (Grey County), Ontario.