Dr. Donald Angus Maciver was born in Inverness, Scotland on the 13th of August, 1920. He graduated M.B. from the University of Edinburgh in 1942. Dr. Maciver had a distinguished medical career with the RNVR and the Canadian Armed Forces. He served as a ships doctor during World War II aboard the HMS Largs at the D-Day landings in Normandy, France. Further he served about the HMS Largs during the liberation of Burma (Myranmar). In the Royal Canadian Navy he served aboard the HMCS Quebec and the HMCS Labarador in the Canadian Arctic.
Dr. Maciver was married to the former Monica Margaret Foley in Whitehaven, England during the summer of 1948. Mrs. Maciver was born in 1925 in Carlisle, Cumberland, England. She was the 5th of 8 children born to Dr. David Joseph Foley and the former Annie Margaret Wood. Her father was a physician/surgeon in Carlisle and her siblings were; Archibald (who died as a toddler), Agnes, Patrick, Eileen, Josephine, Mary and Anne. Mrs. Maciver was a nurse who served during WWII in England.
Dr. and Mrs. Maciver had 2 children, Donald and Margaret, both born in England.
Dr. and Mrs. Maciver and their 2 children boarded the steamship Ascania on the 14th of February, 1953 in Liverpool, England bound for Halifax, Nova Scotia. At the time of their immigration they resided at 66 Ennismore Garden in London, England. Dr. Maciver returned to Scotland and received his specialty in surgery from the University of Edinburgh in 1955.
From 1964 to 1978, Dr. Maciver was the Chief of Surgery at the National Defense Medical Centre in Ottawa. During that time, he was an Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Ottawa Medical School.
After his military service to his country, Dr. Maciver moved to Wallaceburg where he was a General Surgeon from 1978 to 1986. Dr. Maciver moved to Cyprus, sometime after 1986.
Dr. Maciver was living in Toronto, when he died on the 25th of October, 2013. Mrs. Maciver died on the 6th of February, 2018. Dr. and Mrs. Maciver were buried at the National Military Cemetery at Beechwood, in Ottawa, Ontario.