Dr. Milton Coulson Edsall was born the 7th of July, 1904 in Leamington, Ontario. His parents were Charles Arthur Edsall and the former Rose Mary Mayhew. At the time of his birth, his family lived at 16 John St., in Leamington and his father was a merchant. Dr. Edsall had 6 siblings; Raymor, Harold, Carl, Bernice, Ralph and Bessie.
Dr. Edsall received his education in the Leamington schools, then looked to a future in telegraphy. In time his interest turned to medicine. Dr. Edsall attended The University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine graduating M.D. in 1929. He interned at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit and the Edward Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Michigan.
Dr. Edsall set up his first practice on Pelee Island (Essex County) and he stayed there for 3 years. From 1933 until 1937, Dr. Edsall practiced medicine in Kingsville (Essex County) and Leamington (Essex County). He moved to Wheatley in August of 1937. He was the President of the medical staff of Leamington District Hospital in 1967.
Dr. Edsall married Helen Morton Stevens. She was born in Woodstock, Ontario on the 20th of January, 1906. Her parents were Dr. Joaquin M. Stevens and the former Edith Imogene Burgess and she had 3 siblings; Harold, Nathan and Edna. Her father was a medical doctor in Woodstock.
Dr. and Mrs. Edsall were the parents of 3 daughters; Carol, Jill and Lynne.
Dr. Edsall was a member of the Wheatley Friendship Club and The Lion’s Club. He enjoyed playing golf and he was a member of the Talbot Trail Golf Club. He also enjoyed swimming, gardening, water skiing and ice skating and he was a member of the Gay Blades Skating Club in Leamington.
Mrs. Helen Edsall died at the Leamington District Hospital on the 16th of March, 1985. Dr. Edsall retired in 1992.
Dr. Edsall died at the Leamington District Hospital on the 14th of February, 2001. He was buried at the Evergreen Memorial Cemetery in Leamington beside his wife Helen. He was survived by his second wife Alma (Fitzpatrick), his children and their families, his step-children and their families.