Dr. Frederick Harold Wilson was born in Stouffville, Ontario on the 22nd of September, 1895. He was the 3rd of 4 children born to Frederick Theodore Wilson and the former Fannie Lehman. His father was a mason and his siblings were; John “Arthur” Bruce Wilson who was born on the 28th of November, 1890 and died on the 13th of December, 1890. His sister Rhea Bernice Wilson was born on the 31st of July, 1893. She died of ammonia poisoning on the 10th of October, 1894. His younger brother Murray Cecil Wilson was born on the 8th of May, 1897 and died on the 10th of July, 1900. All of the children were buried at the Stouffville Cemetery. Dr. Wilson was the only child to survive into adulthood.
Dr. Wilson was educated in Stouffville and matriculated at Stouffville Continuation School. He entered The University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine, but his studies were interrupted by WWI. Dr. Wilson enlisted in Toronto on the 13th of October, 1917. He was described as being 5’6″ tall, 148 pounds with a fair complexion, blue eyes and brown eyes. Dr. Wilson was attached to the 1st Depot Battalion of the 1st Central Ontario Regiment. He was discharged from the army and joined the Royal Canadian Navy on the 14th of May, 1918.
After the war, Dr. Wilson returned to Toronto and completed medical school graduating in 1921.
Dr. Wilson married Ethel Gertrude McRorie in Timiskaming, Ontario on the 13th of August, 1923. Mrs. Wilson was born on the 8th of February, 1894 in Chesley, Ontario. She was the eldest of 6 children born to John McRorie and the former Margaret Alice Fortune. Her father was listed as a blacksmith when she was born but he would also work as a mason until he moved his family to Manitoba and took up farming. Mrs. Wilson’s siblings, Albert, Stewart and Evelyn were born in Ontario and her two youngest siblings, Ruby and Dorothy were born in Manitoba. Mrs. Wilson was a nurse.
Dr. and Mrs. Wilson had a son Murray Stewart Wilson who was born in Toronto on the 24th of October, 1924. Dr. Murray Stewart Wilson graduated from The University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine in 1948.
Mrs. Wilson died on the 2nd of November, 1928 in Englehart, Ontario. She was buried at the Birchwood Cemetery in Swan River, Manitoba. She was 33 years old.
Dr. Wilson married Bernice Hodgson in the Village of Swansea (now part of Toronto) on the 15th of June, 1937. At the time of their marriage, Dr. Wilson lived on Cockshutt Street in Englehart and Mrs. Wilson was a nurse at the Red Cross Hospital in Englehart. Mrs. Wilson was born in Preston-Patrick, Westmoreland, England in 1898. She was the youngest of 12 children born to Joseph Hodgson and the former Isabelle Philips. Her father was a cooper and her siblings were; Thomas, George, Joseph, Frederick, Robert, Walter, Sarah, John, Adam, Edward and Victor. Her father died in 1901.
In 1949, Dr. and Mrs. Wilson were living in Shelburne, Ontario.
In 1951, Dr. Wilson was working in Chatham as head of the Kent County Health Unit. He died (in Chatham) on the 23rd of January, 1951. Mrs. Wilson died in 1992. Dr. and Mrs. Wilson were buried together at the Stouffville Cemetery.
His son Dr. Murray Stewart Wilson M.D. died in 2009 and he was buried with his grandparents and his father’s siblings at the Stouffville Cemetery.