Dr. Stanley “Jay” Richardson was born in Wallaceburg, Ontario on the 1st of July, 1927, the son of Dr. Stanley Alexander Richardson and the former Marie Piper. He had a sister named Myrtle and 2 brothers; Verne and Laird. He was educated locally in Wallaceburg before attending Ridley College in St. Catharines, Ontario.
Dr. Richardson pursued a B.A. at the University of Toronto graduating in 1950. He continued on at the University of Western Ontario graduating M.D. in 1953. Dr. Richardson interned at George Washington University Hospital in Washington D.C. He went on to do his residency in Ob-Gyn at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington D.C. from 1954-1957. In 1958 he was an assistant resident at Westminster Hospital in London, Ontario. In 1959 he was a research fellow in endocrinology at the J. B. Collip Research Laboratory, University of Western University.
Dr. Richardson practiced in Wallaceburg specializing in Obstectrics and Gynecology for over 35 years. He married Evelyn Bernice Shaw on the 20th of July, 1946 in Tupperville. She was born on the 24th of March, 1928 to Elmer and Margaret Shaw.
Dr. and Mrs. Richardson had 5 children; Bryan, Cameron, Kevyn, Tamara and Tobin.
Dr. Richardson served on the Wallaceburg District Elementary School Board for many years. Professionally he belonged to the Dominion Ob-Gyn Society, the Western Ontario Ob-Gyn Society and the American College of Abdominal Surgeons. In his spare time, he enjoyed curling, golf and boating.
Dr. and Mrs. Richardson retired to Collingwood, Ontario. Dr. Richardson died on the 7th of November, 2012. Mrs. Richardson died on the 20th of April, 2013. They are buried at Riverview Cemetery in Wallaceburg.
*His father Dr. Stanley Alexander Richardson also appears on the Chatham-Kent Physician Tribute website.