Dr. Otto Micheal Drouillard was born in McGregor, Ontario on April 16, 1902 to Michel Drouillard and the former Filienne Beneteau. He had 3 brothers, Alphonse, Norman and Ovila and a sister named Loretta. He was educated in Essex County and graduated from the Hon. J.C. Patterson Collegiate Institute in Windsor, Ontario. He attended medical school at the University of Western Ontario. He received his M.D. in 1928 and he also qualified with the Michigan State Board. He interned at Victoria Hospital in London, Ontario, and the University of Chicago. He specialized in Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat at Illinois State Hospital.
Dr. Drouillard practiced in Belle River, Ontario from May 1929 to November 1933. He moved to Tecumseh and practiced there from 1933 to December of 1935. Dr. Drouillard took post-graduate studies in Chicago from January 1936 to May 1937.
In June 1937 he opened at practice at 237 King St., West, in Chatham, Ontario, specializing in Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat. He later moved his practice to 195 Wellington St. West. Dr. Drouillard served as Chief of Staff for St. Joseph’s Hospital. He lectured to students at St. Joseph’s Hospital and the Public General Hospital. He also served as Chairman of the Separate School Board and he was a member of Blessed Sacrament Church. Dr. Drouillard was a member of the Knights of Columbus, the Tilbury Lion’s Club and the Holy Name Society. He enjoyed baseball, football, fishing, hunting and traveling.
Dr. Drouillard married Catharine Marie Ducharme on the 15th of October, 1938 in Belle River, Ontario. She was born on the 30th of September, 1901 near St. Joachim, Essex County, Ontario. Her parents Jeremiah Ducharme and the former Emily Mousseau, were farmers and she had 3 sisters and 3 brothers. Mrs. Drouillard had been widowed with two young children, Marie Jeanne and Jerry Ouellette, when her husband John Ouellette died a young man.
Dr. Drouillard died on August 23rd, 1958 and he was buried at St. Anthony’s Cemetery in Chatham. Mrs. Drouillard died on the 18th December, 1992 and she is also buried at St. Anthony’s cemetery.