Dr. Joseph Fabian Mullins was born in Wallaceburg, Ontario on the 3rd of August, 1910, the youngest of 2 children born to Frederick Mullins and the former Susan Devin. His father’s occupation was listed as “engineer” on his birth record. Dr. Mullins had an older sister named Mary “Zita” Mullins. According to the 1921 census, the Mullins family resided at 55 Wallace Street in Wallaceburg. Dr. Mullins attended Our Lady of Help Separate School and Merici High School (now known as Wallaceburg District Secondary School).
Dr. Mullins graduated from the University of Western Ontario School of Medicine in 1940. While at university he played rugby and hockey.
After completing his internship at Hotel Dieu Hospital in Windsor, Dr. Mullins set up his medical practice on Nelson Street in Wallaceburg.
He married Blanche Marie Beuglet on the 26th of June, 1942 in Windsor, Ontario. She was born in Tilbury, on the 16th of April, 1916 the daughter of Henri Beuglet and the former Olive Mary Mathers. Mrs. Mullins was the 3rd of 7 children. Her father was an undertaker and a merchant in Tilbury and her siblings were; Olive, Henry (who died at the age of 5), Charles, Marguerite, Laura and William. Mrs. Mullins was a nurse, who graduated from Hotel Dieu Nursing School in Windsor in 1938.
Dr. Mullins enlisted in WWII and served with the Royal Canadian Army Medical Corp as a Captain. He served for 4 years with the last 2 years served oversea’s. He was listed on the Queen Elizabeth manifest on the 4th of January, 1946, as arriving in the Port of New York, N.Y. While her husband was serving his country during WWII, Mrs. Mullins resided at 1085 Ouellette Ave in Windsor.
After Dr. Mullins was discharged he and his family resided in Windsor, where he continued to practice medicine. He was a member of the Essex County Medical Association.
Dr. and Mrs. Mullins had two children, a son Patrick and a daughter Molly.
Dr. Mullins died at his residence on the 11th of January, 1953. Mrs. Mullins died on the 28th of October, 2003. Dr. and Mrs. Mullins were buried at Heavenly Rest Cemetery in Windsor.