Name:
Golden Wellington Bruner 
Location served:
Wheatley  
Years in Practice:
1927 to 1959
Area of Specialization:
Family Medicine  

Biography:

Dr. Golden Wellington Bruner was born near Ruthven in Essex County on the 9th of March, 1903, the 4th of 7 children born to Thomas Wellington Bruner and the former Beatrice Justina Harrington.  His parents were farmers and his siblings were; Garnet, Melville, Lillian, Mahlon, Jason and Gerald.

Dr. Bruner attended Leamington High School, prior to attending the University of Western Ontario Faculty of Medicine.  He graduated M.D. in 1927.  He interned at St Mary’s Hospital in Detroit.

On the 28th of June 1928, Dr. Bruner swore an affidavit that his intentions were to become a citizen of the United States.  On that document it revealed that he entered the United States on the 11th of September, 1927.

On the 24th of October, 1928, Dr. Bruner married Sara “Madeline” McKenzie in Leamington.  Mrs. Bruner was the daughter of Wallace McKenzie and the former Nora Wigle.  She was born in Essex County on the 13th of August, 1903, the 2nd of 3 children.  Her father was involved with the manufacturing of carriages and her siblings were William and Margaret.  At the time of their marriage, Mrs. Bruner resided at 33 Askew Street in Leamington and Dr. Bruner’s residence was listed as Traverse City in Michigan.

According to the 1930 U.S. Census, Dr. and Mrs. Bruner were living in 54 St. Clair River Drive in St Clair, Michigan, with their 4 month old daughter Eleanor Dolores Bruner and Dr. Bruner had a private medical practice.

In 1931, Dr. and Mrs. Bruner moved to Leamington.  Dr. Bruner regularly saw patients in Wheatley and Romney Twp (Chatham-Kent) as evidenced by his signature on birth and death records.  According to voters records, Dr. and Mrs. Bruner resided on Askew Street in Leamington.

Dr. Bruner died at his residence in Leamington on the 5th of July, 1959.  Dr. Bruner left behind his wife, his daughter and a son.  Mrs. Bruner died in February of 1989.  They are buried at the Lakeview Cemetery in Leamington.