Dr. George Gabriel Caron was born in Malahide Twp, Elgin County, on the 11th of March, 1858, the son of Selestien Caron and the former Margaret Smith. His father was born in France and his mother was born in the Shetland Islands. He had 2 older brothers, Gideon and James and a younger brother John. Dr. Caron was educated locally and then attended High School at the Collegiate Institute in Aylmer, Ontario. Dr. Caron matriculated before the Council of Physicians and Surgeons of the College of Ontario in Toronto in 1882. He taught school for 2 years and saved money to further his medical education. He graduated from the Homeopathic Department of the University of Michigan in 1886. According to the 1892 Ontario Medical Register, Dr. Caron joined the College of Physicians and Surgeons on the 11th of May 1887.
Dr. Caron practiced medicine in London, Ontario, for a short time, before moving to Morpeth in 1888.
Dr. Caron married Nettie May Clark on the 9th of July, 1889 in Detroit, Michigan. Mrs. Caron was born in Detroit on the 1st of June, 1864, the daughter of David Charles Clark and the former Marcella Shaw. Her siblings included, Lizzie, Charley and Mamie. Mrs. Caron was educated in the Detroit School System.
According to the 1891 Census, Dr. and Mrs. Caron family were living in Morpeth with a 10 year old daughter also named Nettie. (It is unknown if Nettie was from a previous relationship, or an adopted child.) Later that year, Dr. and Mrs. Caron moved to Detroit, Michigan. Their son George Clark Caron was born on the 3rd of September, 1892 and their daughter Margaret Elizabeth Caron was born on the 10th of March, 1902. George Jr. drowned on the 21st of August, 1916 in Goderich, Ontario. At the time of his death, he was a student at the University of Michigan. He was buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in Detroit, Michigan.
Dr. Caron was a member of the Grace Hospital Dispensary Staff. He was a professor of Paedology in the Detroit Homeopathic College. He was a member of the Homeopathic Medical Society of the State of Michigan and he was a member of the American Institute of Homeopathy. He served as President of the Detroit Practitioners Society. Dr. Caron was a member of the Ancient Order of Foresters and a Mason.
In a publication titled “Woman’s Who’s Who of America 1914-1915” an article details the activities of Mrs. Caron. She was associated with the Cass Avenue Episcopal Church and she was the Superintendent of the Junior Sunday School. She was the Vice President of the Foreign Missionary Society, the Drama League and the Society for Study of Social Hygiene. She was a member of the Chamber Music Club. She was the Vice President of the Michigan Children’s Home Society and a member of the Detroit Federation of Women’s Clubs.
Dr. Caron died on the 16th of August, 1929 at Grace Hospital in Detroit Michigan. He was buried at Woodlawn Cemetery, in Wayne County, Michigan. Mrs. Caron died on her birthday, June 1st, 1935 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. At the time of her death, she was residing at 2640 Geddes Road in Ann Arbor.