Dr. Earl Glenwood Coulson was born on the 29th of October, 1895 in Comber (Essex County), Ontario. His parents were Corydon Palmer Coulson and the former Martha Elizabeth Fenner. Dr. Coulson was the youngest of 3 sons. His eldest brother John died as a child and his brother Morley Cecil Coulson was born on the 25th of March, 1889. His father died on the 17th of June, 1905 and his mother died the following year on the 12th of June leaving Dr. Coulson an orphan at the age of 9.
Dr. Coulson graduated M.B. from The University of Toronto School of Medicine in 1918. He enlisted on the 16th of May, 1918 and served overseas with the Canadian Army Medical Corp. After his discharge, Dr. Coulson opened a medical practice in Wheatley, Ontario. By 1925 Dr. Coulson had moved his medical office to Leamington (Essex County) but continued to see patients in Kent County due to the close proximity to Wheatley and Romney Twp (Kent County). Dr. Coulson’s name continues to appear on numerous birth and death records in Kent County through the 1930’s. After 20 years of practicing family medicine, Dr. Coulson trained in radiology in Toronto and New York. During World War II, Dr. Coulson again answered his country’s call of duty and he served as a radiologist in Canadian Hospitals No. 12 and No. 18 in England. Upon his discharge he held the rank of Major.
After the war Dr. Coulson returned to Canada and worked for the Workmen’s Compensation Board (W.C.B) before working at Queen Mary Veterans Hospital in Montreal for 5 years. Dr. Coulson returned to the W.C.B. before joining the staff at North York Branson Hospital in Willowdale, Ontario.
Dr. Coulson retired prior to 1972. He died on the 1st of February, 1975. At the time of his death he resided in Willowdale. He was survived by his wife Anne and his son William.
Mrs. Coulson died on the 13th of September, 1999 at the age of 100.