Dr. Carman Mitchell Lloyd Beatty was born in Sarnia Twp (Lambton County) Ontario on the 9th of June, 1898. His parents, William Beatty and the former Sarah Mitchell were farmers. Dr. Beatty had an older brother named William, a younger brother named Stewart and a younger sister named Phyllis. He received his early education in Lambton County and graduated from Sarnia Collegiate Institute.
Dr. Beatty enlisted into the Canadian Armed Services during World War I. On the Declaration of Recruit form dated September 17, 1918, Dr. Beatty was described as being 5′ 9 1/4″ tall with brown hair and blue eyes. Without ever leaving Canada he was discharged on the 22nd of November, 1918 due to demobilization.
After the war, Dr. Beatty entered the University of Western Ontario Medical School in 1918. He graduated in 1923. During his final year at the University of Western Ontario, Dr. Beatty interned at Victoria Hospital. After graduation he spent 1 year as a resident physician at Ottawa General Hospital. He set up his medical practice in Highgate in 1924.
In 1928 Dr. Beatty immigrated to Akron, Ohio and started a general medical practice.
He married Irene Zelpha Kingsbury in Akron on the 12th of June, 1929. At the time of their marriage, Dr. Beatty resided at 363 S. Arlington Street in Akron and Mrs. Beatty was living at 458 Fernwood Drive in Akron. She was born on the 9th of August, 1901, in Mt. Vernon, Ohio, the only child of Rufus Kingsbury and the former Laoda Allen. When she was 10 years old, Mrs. Beatty moved to Akron. She attended the Akron South High School and The Old People’s Hospital School of Nursing, graduating as a nurse in 1924. Mrs. Beatty did private nursing until she was married.
Dr. and Mrs. Beatty had 3 children. Allen Lloyd Beatty was born on the 18th of October 1931, James Kingsbury Beatty was born on the 8th of December, 1934 and Phyllis Ruth Beatty was born on the 2nd of March, 1938. According to the 1940 census, Dr. and Mrs. Beatty and their children lived at 257 Crescent Drive in Akron, Ohio.
Dr. Beatty was drafted into the United States Army during WWII.
Mrs. Beatty belonged to the Akron Women’s City Club and she volunteered with the Red Cross.
Mrs. Beatty died at the Akron General Hospital on the 6th of October, 1965. Dr. Beatty died in Akron on the 2nd of January, 1966. Dr. and Mrs. Beatty are buried at the Mount Peace Cemetery in Akron.